Monday, December 24, 2007

Maureen's Opinions Take a Holiday

Not sure what my esteemed colleague is up to with respect to Bloggin' around the Christmas Tree, but this opinionated marketer is taking a break.

I'll be back with the New Year.

But before I go, I thought I'd share a picture of my all time favorite Christmas decoration:

115-1501_IMG

I'm not entirely sure how old plastic Santa on reindeer with the broken leg (and the light bulb in its belly) is, but this dates to one of my parents' first Christmases, so it's from the mid- to late-1940's. In any case, none of the Rogers "kids" have any recall of Christmas without it.

Ah, the good old days, when plastic crap was Made in America, not just in China.

Happy Holidays to marketers everywhere (opinionated or not), and for those who still believe, I hope that Santa is very good to you.

No comments: