Sunday, November 04, 2007

You Have Got to be Kidding Me

Next week I'm heading out to Las Vegas to attend BlogWorld Expo, so tonight I'm looking through the list of exhibitors to decide who I really want to make sure I see. And on the list is a company called Entrecard. I've never heard of them. When you click the link on the event site to find out who they are, this is what you see:

That's it. That's the whole thing. No links, no explanation, just "Hey, give us your email address!" (My first thought was, "Drop this, losers.")

Honestly, there are good landing pages and bad landing pages but there's also another category I can most kindly call "idiotic."

I don't know who these people are are, I don't know what they do, but I'm supposed to give them permission to bug me? I think not. Work with me here, people. I'm going to be there; all you have to do is pique my interest so I'll spend five minutes at your booth, thereby giving you the opportunity to wow me. You're not even trying.

1 comment:

Graham Langdon said...

Sounds like we've piqued your interest enough to write a post about us!

Sorry you didn't like our mysterious landing page, but we're sure you'll love our service.

Our public launch is at the blog world expo, so please don't let the cat out of the bag just yet!