Monday, May 07, 2007

Calling in Sick to "Opinionated Marketers"

I was hoping to have something to say about marketing as it relates to my German trip, but I've spent the last two days mostly snoozing off some travel sickness. Since I'm never, ever, ever sick, this is a surprise. And all things equal, I'd rather be sick in my own bed than in a hotel, but sick happens.

That said, being sick afforded me the opportunity to watch more TV than I normally would on vacation.

Since my German is rudimentary, to say the least, that meant watching BBC, Sky News, and CNN International.

The most interesting ads to note were those for faraway places.

As far as I can recall, the only "foreign country" that regularly does TV advertising in Boston is Ireland.

Not here.

I saw ads for vacationing in Croatia, Montenegro, Malaysia, Lithuania, and Cyprus.

Kind of made me want to take a vacation, but I guess that's what advertising is for.

No comments: