Monday, December 25, 2006

Figgy Pudding Award: My Favorite Holiday Ad

It may come as a surprise, given how I ragged on/raged about the Lexus ads that I find completely irritating, but my favorite "it's the most wonderful time of the year" ad for 2006 is for yet another luxury car: the screaming kids opening presents ad for the BMW.

The sheer crazed, greedy exuberance of these kids is just hilarious. And there's no phoney-baloney-ing about giving someone a BMW: it's about this being a good time of year to buy one (if you're so inclined).

Of course, it is all about much that is terrible in the season: gimme, gimme, gimme; more, more, more; never enough, never enough, never enough.

And, yet...I laugh every time I see it.

I'm taking a couple of days off from Opinionated Marketers (although not, of course, from being an opinionated marketer.) All opinions are on hold until what I hope is a Happy and Healthy New Year for all.

No comments: